Monday, December 20, 2010

Lines of confusion

I'm working on this project for a teammate on black paper and the lines that I am making are slowly starting to confuse me.  I can't tell which is which smh!  This is often the dilemma of art itself or my art for that matter.  Often times I have accidents that end up turning out ok or nobody ever notices.  Often times this is what makes or breaks your piece the things that you can't control.  Sometimes its either too late to change what you've put down on your paper or it ends up looking like it is supposed to be there.  Either way it's always what you decide 9 times out of 10 the viewer, your audience isn't going to know one way or the other.  So basically what I am saying is "if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball" hahaha or if you can explain your "accident" you can explain your masterpiece.  I don't know if that made any sense but it made me laugh.  Art is all about what you interpret and what your viewer THINKS he or she can see.  Sometimes just sit back and allow your viewer to come up with their own opinion, if you drew a dragon and he or she sees a bus than shoot its a bus whatever works in the art world.  If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a moose.  Why? because it's art and I SAY SO! ha



No comments:

Post a Comment